My Journey to Becoming Clean, Green and Soulful.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Becoming a Better Parent. Partner. Person.

Along my journey to becoming the best me possible, I have every intention of becoming a better parent, partner and person as well. I believe they will all blend together eventually, as we learn from everything.

Over the past few days I have listened to hours of online webinars about Conscious Parenting. I already feel like a better Mama! The invaluable knowledge I have absorbed about this vast variety of topics empowers me in a maternal sense and also in some deep visceral way that makes me feel so connected with the Earth, here and now, and my destiny. I love knowing that I am making the most educated decisions about my child rearing, livelyhood, relationships, passions, goals...

I could go on and on about what I've learned, but to summarize for now:

  • Gentle Pregnancy
  • Natural Fertility
  • Sacred Birthing
  • Water Birth
  • Lotus Birth
  • Unassisted Birth
  • Bonding
  • Vaccinating
  • Breastfeeding
  • Co-Sleeping
  • Elimination Communication
  • Circumcision
  • Nutrition
  • Homeschooling/Unschooling
  • so, so much more!


I have gotten into a rhythm of going on daily walks with Buddha around the neighborhood. Some days using our Moby Wrap, some days using our stroller (when I plan on doing the big intense hill), and lately strapping on the new Ergo for front, side or back usage. Bubu seems to LOVE riding my back. Thousands of animal species ride their mamas backs, not to mentions babies in other countries. "Babywearing" is the same concept as co-sleeping...the baby feels safe and secure with you and yet free to develop their confidence on the terms and at a pace that are justifiable to them. They are little people with real feelings, and fear is a valid emotion that can only be conveyed to us through tears and sadness. All parents want to avoid their children's sadness, so learning to communicate needs and allowing them to explore when they want to seems to be a crucial and basic habit to get into...I must admit though, Buddha does seem to enjoy her stroller too.






I am reminded of the wonderful documentary, Babies...watch it if you haven't yet! So eye opening!



I have been crafting away lately. One particular piece of art I enjoyed making was this "Lucy Doll" for a HMN friends' 3-year-old's birthday. She seemed to like it :)






Buddha was not impressed...


I thought my Lucy Doll was a cute, unique, special gift :)

Lucy spelling out her name on the back...


Sundays is the Heirloom Seed Festival!! I am sooo looking forward to it! Will be sure to have lots to share...

Have a sunshine day!


"Life is all memory
except for the one present moment
that goes by you so quickly
you hardly catch it going."
~Tennessee Williams

Mentioned: Conscious Parenting Summit Interview TranscriptsMoby WrapOur Stroller, Ergo , Babies Documentary


2 comments: