My Journey to Becoming Clean, Green and Soulful.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Raw Recipes: Lemon Sesame Seed Ice Cream Sandwich

Lemon Seasame Seed Raw Ice Cream Sandwich 

Dee Wilcox, June 2012

These are surprisingly delicious...I promise you :)

INGREDIENTS:
again, these are rough estimates, as I concoct what I feel


1       Cup        Almond Meal (ground up almonds or leftover crumble/pulp from almond milk)
1/4   Cup         Oat Flour (ground up oats)
1      Tbsp       Cacao Powder
5                     Medjool Dates (soaked in water until soft)
1      Tbsp       Raw Agave
1      Tbsp       Sesame Seed
1      Tsp         Lemon Juice


DIRECTIONS:


~In this order, I pulsed these ingredients into my food processor until it formed a beautiful golden dough.


~As always, I encourage taste-testing your experiments to adjust what might be needed and to enjoy a healthy sample :)


Roll dough into small balls, maybe the size of a cherry.
Place small glass into large glass filled with water.
Peel off shaped dough carefully.
Lay on dehydrator (or parchment paper-lined baking sheet).
Repeat. Making sure to dip small glass into water before each press.
Made 37 cookies, but really almost 40...I had to sample, of course!

Raw Lemon Seasame Seed Ice Cream
(I was sooo pleasantly surprised at how delicious and cooling this was.
It'd be perfect for a summertime gathering, or anytime really!)

~Trick-of-the-trade: do these steps as quickly as possible.
~The ice cream will have a firmer, thicker hold on the cookie.
~Freeze immediately.

Break up 3 frozen bananas from the freezer

hmmmm, what shall I add?
1/2 tsp Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Sesame Seed




2 Tbsp Creamy Almond Milk
Juice of 1/2 Lemon

Everything goes directly into food processor.
Pulse all ingredients until smooth.
Stop to scrap the sides and sample!

Oh my...it is sooo good!
It resembles a creamy italian ice.

Take a spoonful of the ice cream and place it on a cookie.
I found it best to line up a bunch of cookies,
spread them all with ice cream,
then top them all off quickly before rushing to the freezer.






This was such a beautiful ice cream.




I froze the leftover ice cream and had it for dessert last night.

Mama's always got help in the kitchen :)
After 30 minutes in freezer I had to sample.
I was delighted with them!
For something done on a whim,
and not necisarily a common flavor combination,
it is a melty crunchy gooey burst in your mouth :)




Have a Sunshine Day!

"In rivers, the water that you touchis the last of what has passed

and the first of that which comes;
so with present time."

~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment