My Journey to Becoming Clean, Green and Soulful.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day! (Sweet Potato Wraps continued)

I'm making a super special dessert today for our get together this afternoon at Muzzie and Papas house with Grammy and Gramps, my sister Stephanie and my little family. It is inspired by Mimi Kirks Raw Blackberry Cheesecake, but as usual, I did my own recipe. I'ts setting up in the freezer now, surrounded by my various ice cream sandwich experiments from the week. I will defenitly write about it tomorrow.

As promised yesterday...


Sweet Potato Wraps
continued...
This side makes them still look wet,
but once flipped you can see the firmness.


~After 5 hours in the dehydrator on 105  I removed the 3 wraps.

~Flip onto mesh tray.

They were fragile, so use caution when flipping them.

The smell while these were cooking was something wonderful!.

Gorgeous wraps about to go in for second go-round.





~Pour 3 more blobs of batter onto sheet and spread into circles.


~Place both trays back into dehydrator on 105 for 5 more hours. 




~After 5 hours, flip the 3 wet wraps onto a mesh tray.

Again, be very careful flipping. I found my second batch to be more difficult...I think they were thicker.)

~Check plyability of the 3 done wraps. They should be dry and firm but bendable and durable.







They seemed perfect to me! And again with the smell...my word it smelled good!





I whipped up a batch of sprout guacamole
and voila! a delicious veggie wrap
Mama's helper

MENTIONED: Mimi Kirk


Have A Sunshine Day!


"All fathers are invisible in daytime;
daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night.
Darkness brings home fathers,
with their real, unspeakable power.
There is more to fathers than meets the eye."
~ Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eyes

1 comment:

  1. oh my dear spur, where do i begin?! All i can say is, it get's better well maybe just different as they grow up. Although i no longer breatfeed Mia, i follow attatchment parenting in just about every other way....co-sleeping, baby wearing and pretty much being in her presence for what feels like every minute of the day including bathroom breaks and most recently showering. It is in every sense of the word exhuasting and rewarding all at the same time, but remembr that it is 100% ok to hit your breaking point(cause we ALL have one) and that in no way shape or form means that any of us who feel that way are less than amazing parents. Mia goes to bed with ease as long as i am in bed with her but there are times during the day that i need to get things done around the house and for reagan so i have to put her down to play....sometimes she really enjoys a few minutes of alone time to play and then the other about 85% of the time she sits at my feet screaming to be picked up! when i say screaming i mean SCREAMING and i will be the first to admit it makes me want to run away at times lol. clearly i never would and i love how much she loves me(you will never experience another love as great as with your children)but the point is we all feel down and broken sometimes as parents, you are not at all alone. Keep your head up my spur cause you are the without a doubt the most amazing mother i have ever met and i mean that from the deepest part of my heart and soul!!!

    ReplyDelete